Smooth, firm and elastic facial and body skin is every woman’s dream. The tone of the dermis can decrease for a variety of reasons: due to age, certain diseases, weight gain, dehydration. We will tell you about ways to restore and maintain excellent epidermal turgor for a long time.
What determines skin elasticity?
Dermis tone is a general healthy state, i. e. normal metabolism in cells, free tissue respiration, hence softness, density, and beautiful appearance. The period during which the skin retains its elasticity is only 10-15% depending on genetics. To a large extent, skin condition depends on lifestyle, habits, diet, etc.
The skin tone of the face and body begins to deteriorate after 25 years: during this time, age -related changes and care errors have accumulated, which triggers a negative process on the dermis. As a rule, visually it is still invisible, but self -treatment should be intensified to increase the density and elasticity of the skin.
After 35 years, the decline in tone began to show clearly. Reasons for this process:
- decreased production of collagen, elastin and hyaluron in the skin: the first is responsible for tissue density, the second gives a general tone, the third helps retain moisture;
- facial muscle weakness: the muscular skeleton that supports the skin ceases to fulfill its function, and the skin sags under the influence of gravity, becoming covered with folds and creases;
- weakness of blood vessels and capillaries - because nutrients and oxygen enter the skin through them, vascular problems immediately affect its condition;
- acute and chronic diseases, especially of hormonal nature, as well as dermatological, - because of them, metabolic processes are disrupted in the skin;
- inaccuracies in diet: lack of nutrients and fluids prevents the skin from regenerating, building healthy new cells;
- improper care: low -quality and aggressive cosmetics disturb the balance of moisture in the cells, poison the skin with toxins, do not provide the necessary protection, damage the lipid layer;
- toxins and free radicals in the air and ultraviolet rays: all this dries the skin, making it moist and prone to wrinkles.
As you can see, every factor that reduces skin color can be improved with the help of efficient care procedures.
Important! Decreased skin color is due to lack of regular skin care. Therefore, if you do not use a night cream or use it improperly, the dermis loses its optimal level of hydration. Ignoring nourishing creams and masks leads to a decrease in firmness.
How to improve skin tone?
To restore the skin to its former elasticity and firmness, many use the help of cosmetology and plastic surgery. Professional procedures (biorevitalization, botulinum toxin injections, subcutaneous introduction of fillers, threads, tightening, etc. ) are really capable of making the face and body attractive quickly and effectively.
However, regular skin care is very important even after invasive procedures. Moreover: selfish attitude, timely implementation of simple actions will help delay the introduction of needles and scalpels for a long time, to eliminate skin imperfections. We will share safe and affordable ways to restore skin turgor.
Important! To achieve results, you need strict self-discipline for 2-4 months. If during this period you perform daily procedures at home, your face will literally change. And useful actions will become a habit.
Moisturizer - rule number 1
To tighten the skin - on the face, around the eyes, and all over the body - you need to drink enough fluids. It is this water that helps the skin maintain a fresh and healthy appearance at any age: both after 45 years and after 50 years. Thanks to the water in the epidermis, metabolic and regeneration processes take place intensively, collagen and elastin fibers remain flexible. Hyaluronic acid binds to and retains water molecules, providing cells with optimal turgor.
The skin receives most of the water it needs not from the creams and serums we apply, but from the intercellular space. This is where water molecules from the blood enter, and into the blood - from the gastrointestinal tract. The dermis takes in about 200 ml of water per day - not a single jar of cream can withstand the amount.
How much water should you drink for optimal skin tone? The rate is calculated based on a person's weight: about 30 ml per 1 kg. However, for adults, the amount of clean water consumed should not be less than 1. 5 liters per day.
The volume of water in the epidermis depends not only on the amount of fluid consumed, but also on the ability of the skin to withstand it: with age and under the influence of damaging factors (sunlight, wind, toxic substances, cosmetics for alcohol, drugs), this abilitydecreased. In order for moisture to be retained in the skin, it is necessary to monitor the condition of the lipid layer - a thin layer of fat on the dermis.
The skin can lose moisture, including due to impaired kidney function, heart, certain diseases (diabetes, irritable bowel syndrome, hypothyroidism, etc. ). In this case, specialist consultation and timely treatment will help solve the problem.
Important! Even a little dehydration changes the appearance of the epidermis significantly and damages its structure: dark circles under the eyes become more pronounced, wrinkles become deeper, and facial elongation deteriorates and becomes distorted.
What foods improve skin color?
The beauty and health of the skin depends on diet by 80%: all the components necessary for the construction and repair of cells enter our body through nutrition. Epidermal tone can also be improved with products that stimulate the production of hyaluronate, elastin and collagen.
The recommendations of nutritionists are as follows:
- the basis of the diet must be fresh or baked vegetables and fruits; special attention should be paid to orange and red fruits (tomatoes, peppers, carrots, pumpkin, persimmons, apricots, etc. )-they are rich in lycopene (antioxidants), which protect the skin from ultraviolet rays and soreness;
- you should consume 150-200 g of lean meat, poultry, cheese, legumes per day, because protein is an important component of collagen, elastin (their main component is amino acids); in addition, protein foods help synthesize the dipeptide carnosine, which increases the strength of collagen fibers;
- eat at least 300 g of fish and seafood per week: they contain omega-3 fatty acids, zinc, magnesium, selenium-components that prolong the youthfulness of the skin, as they protect collagen fibers from destruction;
- included in the diet nuts, plant seeds (30 g per day) - in addition to fatty acids, they also contain alpha -linolenic acid, protein, zinc, copper and rare magnesium - everything you need to keep skin soft and elastic;
- get used to using 5 g of products containing gelatin per day (meat jelly, aspic, jelly, etc. ) - gelatin contains a large amount of collagen found in bio and after two months of using it, it will improve skin color (fish oil has similar properties));
- eat soy products (tofu cheese, soy meat, milk, etc. ) - it contains plant analogues of the hormone estrogen, which is responsible for skin hydration, turgor and its density, as well as the isoflavonoid genophein, which inhibits enzymes that reduce epidermal tone;
- need to stop grilling, sugary, carbonated, alcoholic, caffeinated, fried, smoked, salty, fast food - all these products destroy elastin and collagen fibers, and delay the production of hyaluronic acid.
Important! Dermatologists and cosmetologists know the term "facial sugar": this is a face with a gray color, loose, edematous skin, with drooping ovals, wrinkles, bags under the eyes and rashes. Why is sugar so bad for the skin? Consuming a lot of sweets causes glycation: glucose molecules damage the elasticity of collagen fibers. As a result, the skin becomes thinner and sagging - especially around the eyes.
Sports: the collagen factory within us
How to improve the skin color of the face and body after 40-45 years, when the decrease in elasticity of the epidermis becomes very noticeable? First of all, with the help of sports and physical activity.
- First, strength training strengthens the muscle, increasing its volume, which makes the skin naturally tighten and straighten. This is especially true for people who have lost weight as a result of diet and cardio exercise.
- Second, micro damage to muscle fibers and adjacent tissues during physical exercise triggers a strong regeneration process in the body, which increases the production of collagen fibers throughout the body - skin after exercise receives more collagen than after most modern cosmetology programs.
- Third, the load activates blood circulation in the body, forcing the epidermis to breathe more intensively and nourish it with useful substances. As a result, skin color improves, its density and elasticity increase.
Intensive training is enough three times a week for an hour. Use extra weight: his weight must be a working muscle group can not do more than 8-12 repetitions. However, physical activity can not be exhausted just with exercise: do not miss the opportunity to move, and the skin will pay you with a blooming appearance.
Important! If you are short of time, there are serious contraindications to strength training, give yourself at least minimal physical activity. Allow walking for an hour a day, yoga or swimming - this will be a good contribution to improving the tone of the epidermis.
Face formation and massage
Exercise and facial massage are one of the best and safest methods to soothe your skin. The developed muscular skeleton helps smooth the epidermis, increases elasticity, strength, turgor.
There are a large number of facial shaping and facial fitness systems. The basics of facial gymnastics can be taught by experts.
Regarding massage techniques on the face, now cosmetologists have more than 20 types:
- roll-stretch techniques, etc.
However, to do a facial massage, you can do without special skills. Simply pat, pinch and rub the skin gently along the massage line.
To achieve the effect, regularity is important: take 10-15 minutes to class. Every day. Apply a small amount of moisturizer or natural oil to your face before proceeding to soften the skin and ease the sliding of your fingers.
There are also contraindications to facial fitness and facial massage:
- violation of skin integrity;
- purulent eruption;
- disease in the acute stage;
- poor blood clotting.
Important! Facial gymnastics and massage are also excellent vascular exercises. They can also be trained with ice or contrast washing. However, if you are easily blushed in a clogged room or from a glass of wine, you should refuse to use ice - otherwise, rosacea may arise on your face.
Cosmetics for skin elasticity
To maintain skin tone, you must regularly use caring cosmetics - naturally:
- as often as possible;
- High quality;
- suitable for your skin type;
- according to the expiration date.
Cosmetic brands release a range of special products that promise to restore the elasticity of the epidermis - the achievements of modern cosmetology make it possible to believe such promises.
What ingredients can be used to enhance skin tone?
- Hydro fixing agents - responsible for increasing the level of moisture on the skin: hyaluronic acid, glycerin, chitosan, aloe, algae extract, etc.
- Antioxidants - tighten the skin, protect cells from oxidation: vitamins C, E, coenzyme Q10, green tea extract, grape seed, chokeberry, etc.
- Drainage components - drains useful components into the skin, retains moisture, restores the lipid mantle: caffeine, escin, dextran.
- Natural oils - create a lipid film on the skin, contribute to hydration, nutrition and regrowth: almonds, peaches, grapes, apricot kernel oil, essential oils.
What cosmetic products are needed for regular use?
- Moisturizing serum. Skin cannot be elastic without strong cell membranes and good hydration - this is what serums are designed for. This product has a very light texture, it is immediately absorbed, preparing the dermis for the next application of the cream. Regular use of the product literally changes the skin, making it possible to leave even the foundation.
- Daily cream. Means to moisturize, nourish the skin, and even protect from ultraviolet rays (a good cream always has a high SPF factor). The cream covers the skin with a thin protective layer of lipids, which prevents the dermis from losing moisture. There should be a few days of cream: it is better to have a separate product for the skin around the eyes, neck and décolleté - here the skin is thinner, softer and the cream needs a lighter, but very strong cream.
- Night cream. The use of this product every night, instead of a visit to a beauty salon, gives elasticity, density, firmness to the skin: dermis cells are most active from 1 to 4 am. Currently, the vulnerability to product components is maximum. The ingredients in the night cream accelerate cell renewal and help build new and stronger ones.
- Masks are a very effective method of improving skin tone. Under their influence, blood circulation and lymph flow, metabolism, tissue respiration are improved. Significant effect is given by carrying out the procedure: 10-15 times in a row, then 1-2 times a week to maintain the result. The effect of the mask is improved if applied after a massage.
- Peel, scrub. Once a week, you need to thoroughly cleanse the skin with these products. Exfoliation produces a dynamic massage on the surface of the skin, and is also felt as a microdamage, which stimulates blood circulation and regrowth of the epidermis, the growth of collagen and elastin fibers. As a result, the skin acquires firmness, smoothness and even color.
Important! This cream is best applied on clean, moist skin after washing: water is an excellent conductor of nutrients to the inner layers of the dermis. This product is applied to the skin with a fairly thick layer, along the massage line. After half an hour, the excess is carefully removed with a napkin.
The tone of the epidermis directly depends on the general condition of our body. Often, enough for a good night's sleep and rest, until the skin regains the desired elasticity and density. And following the tips outlined in the article will help you stay beautiful!